What’s Good: 9-Year-Old Learns Heimlich And Saves Friend’s Life
This is why EVERYONE should learn the Heimlich, whether young or old... it just may save someone's life.
A 9-year-old girl from Boston named Shailyn Ryan was at school last week when her best friend started choking. Thankfully, Ryan knew the Heimlich in order to help her friend. How did she know how to do this?
Well, Ryan's parents signed her up for a course at the local rec center called Home Alone Safety. One of the things that she learned was the Heimlich in case someone starts choking. The amazing part is she took this course ONE DAY before the incident at school! Talk about good timing.
So, when Ryan's best friend started choking on a hot dog at lunch, Ryan knew exactly what to do. She got up, jumped behind her best friend and did the Heimlich the way she was just taught and saved her best friend's life.