What Life Lessons Did We Learn In School?
What do you wish you would have learned in school to help prepare you for real life? Well, I could name a bunch of things I wish I would have learned and things I really wish I didn't. I mean figuring out how to adult is hard enough but if I would have learned a few things about taxes, money management, or bills, it may be a little easier. However, I am not alone on these thoughts.
A new survey asked 2,000 people how much of what they learned in school do they use in real life and the answer was only 37% of people use what they learned in school. That is surprisingly low when you think that the point of school is to prepare you for what is to come in the real world.
So what skills did people say they wish they would have learned in school? Well here are the Top 10 real world skills we wish we would have been taught in school.
1. Money management and budgeting.
2. How to do your taxes.
3. How to manage your emotional well-being and mental health.
4. Understanding credit cards and student loans.
5. How to negotiate.
6. Time management.
7. How to fix stuff around the house.
8. Relationship and conversational skills.
9. Car repair and car maintenance.
10. How to find a job.