What Color Is Your Name?
Who knew we could hear colors?
A new study out of the Netherlands (published in the Daily Mail) found that when some people hear different vowel sounds, our brains associate them with a color. It's true I guess. Oh, and you can even use that to figure out what COLOR people associate with your name.
So here is the breakdown:
1. A sounds like red, pink, or orange.
2. E sounds like green and orange.
3. I sounds like green and yellow.
4. O sounds like blue and purple.
5. And U sounds like blue or red.
So if your name is 'Pete,' that's a green and orange name. If your name is 'Ivan,' that's green and yellow, with maybe a little red or orange thrown in. So for me, Johnny, I guess I'm looking at some green and orange? Maybe a hint of purple... Hm lots of colos going on there. I guess I have a very coloful name.