Waterloo’s City Wide Clean-Up Day is Tomorrow
Tomorrow, Saturday September 26, is Waterloo's citywide cleanup day. This is Waterloo residents chance to get rid of many unwanted or broken household items and appliances. The times residents can drop off items is 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, and you're asked to go to the Waste Management Services site at 3505 Easton Avenue. Due to COVID-19, masks are mandatory this year.
Each vehicle entering the site will be charged $2.00. All major household appliances will be charged accepted at the rate of $1.00 each with a limit of 3. For tires, there's a $4.00 per tire cost.
The following items WILL BE accepted:
- Appliances: limit 3 per household, air conditioner, dehumidifier, freezer, refrigerator, clothes dryer, clothes washer, dishwasher, kitchen range, over/stove, microwave oven, furnace, thermostat, water heater, etc.
- Tires: Automobile and pick-up truck tires (rim or no rim).
- General bulk item “trash”: Televisions, computers, furniture, lawn furniture, clothing, bedding, scrap lumber and building remodeling and repair scrap materials, carpet, housewares, toys, bicycles, etc.
- All Gas powered equipment: lawnmowers, weed eaters, tillers, snow blowers, etc. Power equipment must be drained of gas and oil prior to dumping.
These items WILL NOT BE accepted:
- No trash
- No hazardous materials
- No paint
- No liquids: fuels, oils, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- No batteries
- No propane gas tanks
- No tractor or semi tires
- No yard waste or tree debris. (The yard waste dumpsite located in the 2749 Independence Avenue)
Map to drop-off location: