Top 5 Things To Do in Waterloo According To TripAdvisor
We live here, so most of the attractions in the area kind of slip by as we go about our daily lives. In order to be proud of where we live and to see how much the Cedar Valley has to offer, here are the top 10 things to do in Waterloo according to TripAdvisor.
1. Lost Island Water Park - Although we'd be hard pressed to enjoy this during the colder months, in the summer this is one of THE places to be. With so many water slides and attractions that fit all ages, including adults (they serve beer), it's no wonder TripAdvisor has named this the #1 attraction in Waterloo.
2. John Deere Tractor Museum - John Deere is HUGE in the success of Waterloo. Employing a good majority of our population, John Deere provides our area with jobs and support. The John Deere Tractor Museum is new to the attractions in the area, but has seen a tremendous amount of support. Plus, who wouldn't want to know more about the company that puts meals on so many tables.
3. Sullivan Brothers Iowa Veterans Museum - We could go on for days about why this is such a wonderful place. It celebrates our veterans and helps younger generations understand how conflicts across the world affect us right here in the Cedar Valley.
4. Cedar Valley Nature Trail - If you haven't been on this trail, you need to. 51 miles of amazing trails that runs from Evansdale to Hiawatha on an old railroad right-of-way. Tourists from all over come for this trail....why don't you?
5. Waterloo Center for the Arts - You would really have a hard time finding another venue for the whole family to have some fun, especially the little ones. Ladders, exhibits and hands-on learning tools make this an amazing getaway....right here in Waterloo.