Top 5 Signs You’re Taking Valentine’s Day Too Seriously
Valentine’s Day is the ultimate Hallmark holiday. It’s full of over-the-top sentiment and cliche ideas about what love is supposed to look like.
Unfortunately, a lot of people -- particularly women -- buy into all the hype. And if any of the five signs listed below apply to you, then you’re taking Valentine’s Day way too seriously and need to chill out:
- You’re expecting candy in a heart-shaped box, flowers or jewelry, and your response to not receiving them might range from sadness to rage.
- You expect your partner to take you to an overpriced prix fixe dinner in a place that looks like pink and red exploded everywhere and you’ll be dreadfully disappointed if this doesn’t happen.
- The card your special someone gives you will be taken as a barometer of your relationship.
- You don’t have a significant other so you stay home and watch a marathon of romantic comedies, bawling on your couch.
- You consider Valentine’s Day to be a black hole of depression.
Don't forget the best way to celebrate Valentine's Day is to love yourself and the person you love too, and know that you should treat every day like Valentine's Day.