Tiffany Kay’s Ultimate Packing Guide
If you know me then you know that packing is the bane of my existence. Literally if I am going on a trip, I will sit on my bed and stare at the stuff I need to pack for an hour and then go watch TV. Then I usually end up packing the day that I am leaving, rushing around and cursing myself for being so lazy. Well this time around since I am uprooting my whole life, I am not able to wait until the last minute and have now been packing for a week (and I am still not done!).
I have had a lot of troubles with packing this week. Between moving company issues, wrong size boxes, not enough boxes, too much stuff... the list goes on and on. However while packing, I realized that I can not be the only one who has had problems when it comes to packing. So I am putting together my ultimate guide to packing for those out there who need a little help as well. I am not expert just someone who is learning along the way so I hope this helps anyone moving out!
Quick shoutout to all my friends here who have helped me pack. I honestly would be a hot mess without you all!
- Get yourself a group of family/friends willing to help with the moving plans. I promise you will be more motivated and get it done quicker!
- Time to clear out. Stop hoarding all the stuff you haven't used in a while and donate it, give it to a friend or trash it. You will have more space and less stuff to pack.
- Do your research on moving companies and get all the facts beforehand.
- Make sure you know what size and how many boxes you need.
- Save your boxes you don't use and return them for your money.
- Go one room at a time or else you will never get anything done.
- Use blankets and pillows in boxes to save the fragile items.
- Always right "fragile" on every box
- Make sure you have enough packing tape.
- Break down any furniture you can, it will save room.
- Make a list of what you have and take pictures in case anything is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Get really good at tetris when it comes to packing cars.
- Make sure to have some jams on to make packing more fun!