Tiffany Kay’s Must-Watch List Of Halloween Movies
Are you ready to have a Halloween movie marathon? It's that time of year and you need to get in all your Halloween movies before it's too late (of course, it's never too late to watch Halloween movies). If you are planning to spend your weekend having a Halloween movie marathon party at your house with friends, food and drinks but are not sure what movies are a MUST to watch, I got you covered.
As we all know, Halloween is my THING! Especially when it comes to scary movies and even family friendly Halloween movies. So if you ain't in the mood yet for the holiday, just watch these and I promise you will be.
Here is my Top 10 Halloween movies you HAVE to watch:
1. Hocus Pocus: If you haven't seen this yet, I don't know how because it literally runs like for 24 hours straight on Halloween. Although not that scary it is totally a classic that you HAVE to see at least once. Plus, it's family friendly so scaredy- cats can watch too.
2. Halloween: The original Halloween movie should obviously be watched because, I mean come on, it has the holiday name in the title. Although considered a horror movie, it's basically comedy with how slow Michael Myers is compared to his victims.
3. Halloweentown: Time to get nostalgic.... go back to your childhood with this classic and popular Disney Halloween movie! I mean, who didn't want to go to Halloweentown when they were a kid? Also, if you didn't watch this movie as a kid, you didn't have a childhood.
4. Nightmare on Elm Street: Time to get a little darker and scarier. If you are a horror fan like me, this is a classic. Honestly, the creepiest part of this movie is the little kids singing, "1, 2 Freddy's coming for you...." Let's just say you probably won't be able to sleep after this.
5. Friday the 13th: Of course, we can't talk about the Halloween must watch list without including the final scary movie classic. Although this wasn't as scary for me, I mean let's be honest unless you are at a summer camp you were safe, it is still a classic with jump scares to at least get your heart going.
6. Casper: I am talking about the movie with Christina Ricci. Although not really scary at all, it's still a spooky treat for the season with a little romance in there. I mean what girl didn't melt when Casper asked Kat if he could keep her? (Yes, sometimes I am a romantic)
7. The Addams Family: Speaking of creepy, if you go through through the season without watching this movie, did Halloween even happen? Also, I am totally Wednesday Addams at heart.
8. Children of the Corn: What's creepier than a bunch of children kidnapping and murdering people for a "higher purpose?" However, if you live near a cornfield, you may want to avoid this one.
9. Amityville Horror: I mean "horror" is in the name. This house haunting is a classic and will make you think twice about the noises that happen in your house.
10. The Conjuring: Make sure to check the history of the house before you buy it next time.... just saying.