These Are The 10 Best Campgrounds In Iowa In 2020
I am going to be honest here... I am not a camper. I don't like camping and I basically don't like nature. However, at this point during this pandemic going camping sounds like heaven compared to being locked in my apartment staring at a wall all day (trust me, the talking to myself has begun).
As Governor Reynolds has started opening the state of Iowa, people have seen an increase in families taking trips to campgrounds even for a day to get out of the house and into some fresh air and take a break from this whole pandemic situation. If you are one of those who already has a camper and loves to go camping then it is the perfect time for a mini getaway! Even if you are not, it beats staying in your house all day.
Maybe you want to try to go some place new but you are not sure where that is. Below is a list of the 10 Best Campgrounds in Iowa according to Tripadvisor. Hopefully it helps to give you some ideas! By the way... Do you recognize a local Cedar Valley campground on the list?!
1. Trickling Waters Retreat in Marquette, Iowa
2. Honey Creek Resort State Park in Moravia, Iowa
3. Griff's Valley View RV Park & Campground in Altoona, Iowa
4. On-Ur-Wa RV Park in Onawa, Iowa
5. Des Moines West KOA in Adel, Iowa
6. PM Park in Clear Lake, Iowa
7. Pulpit Rock Campground in Decorah, Iowa
8. Waterloo/Lost Island Water park KOA in Waterloo, Iowa
9. Oakwood RV Park in Clear Lake, Iowa
10. Adventureland Campground in Altoona, Iowa