Authorities believe fumes from a gas generator may have caused the deaths of two people and two dogs inside a Waterloo home over the weekend.

Investigators said they won't know for sure, though, until they get the autopsy results for the state medical examiner. Officials don't suspect foul play.

Waterloo police have identified the victims as Damon Gould II, 29, and Shalynn Boike, 33. They, along with two dogs, were found unresponsive inside a home at 4011 E. Shaulis Road Sunday morning (Oct. 16, 2016).

Police said they learned from neighbors that Gould and Boike may have been using a generator inside an attached garage while they cleaned the home. According to authorities, the house was damaged by flooding last month.