My Top 5 Football Movies To Watch Instead Of The Super Bowl
So we all know that I don't like football and obviously did not watch the Super Bowl this past Sunday (in the end, I heard it was a bore, so I really missed out on that opportunity). However, I still celebrated the Super Bowl in my own way, with tons of greasy food and snacks and watching some of my favorite football movies!
That's right, I will watch movies about sports because they are just so much more entertaining with an actual story. So if you are like me and do not like football but think you should "celebrate" the American way, here are my Top 5 football movies to watch during the Super Bowl or honestly, any given weekend football is on. Then you can say you are areal fan of football!
1. The Blind Side: Based on a true rags to riches story, a homeless black teen has drifted in and out of the school system for years until a rich family on the other side of town take him in, become his legal guardian, and help with his academics and football skills. With his new family, he realizes the potential he has for a better life and helps to change their lives as well.
2. Remember the Titans: Based on a true story of racism and football, In 1971 high school football was everything to the people of Alexandria. But when the local school board was forced to integrate an all black school with an all white school, the very foundation of football's great tradition was put to the test.
3. Game Plan: More of a comedy than necessarily about football but still a cute movie! A professional football player finds out he has a kid and everything seems to go out of control. He must learn how to balance the role of being a dad on top of his career and "party" lifestyle.
4. Varsity Blues: In a place where football is all anyone talks about, benchwarmers don't get much notice as it is all about the star quarterback. However, when the star gets hurt the coach is forced to promote the benchwarmer to lead a team for a divisional title. Will they be able to pull it off?
5. Friday Night Lights: Ok, so you can't sit down and watch this in one sitting (well, you can but it would take you awhile). However, it is still a classic show about a coach having to build a team from the ground up at an undesirable school. Classic cast of East versus West schools were reputations and privileges come into question and a family trying to keep it all together and be successful.