MercyOne Returns to its No Visitors Policy
MercyOne is going back to not allowing visitors. Roughly two weeks ago, they revised their visitor policy to allow visitors in some locations. In a press release sent to this radio station, MercyOne has returned to its COVID-19 no visitors policy, effective last Friday (July 3).
The No Visitors policy is in effect at Waterloo Medical Center, Cedar Falls Medical Center, and Oelwein Medical Center.
The press release states,
Due to the number of asymptomatic positive cases and increased exposures in the community, MercyOne will return to a No Visitors policy at all hospitals in the Northeast Iowa region beginning Friday, July 3.
They also seek to remind the public to follow the CDC's guidelines to help prevent additional spread of COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear a face covering, such as a cloth mask or face shield.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Disinfect surfaces and objects using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.