Main Street Waterloo Announces Halloween Activities
Halloween will look quite different for most American families in 2020 as we navigate our way through the current pandemic. However, that doesn't mean there's no community activities planned.
Check out what's on tap for Halloween 2020 in Waterloo:
- All month: Coloring Contest. Visit the Main Street Waterloo website or office to pick up a coloring sheet. Pictures will be displayed in the office windows and the winners will be announced at noon on October 31st.
- October 26-31 Scavenger Hunt: Visit the Main Street Waterloo website starting 10/26 to get your scavenger hunt list and instructions. The hunt will take through downtown Waterloo to learn, explore, and support local.
- October 26-31 Downtown businesses will be decorating their windows to celebrate the season and offer selfie opportunities.
- Halloween is the final Waterloo Urban Farmers Market for the season, 8am to noon at RiverLoop Expo Plaza.
- Halloween Virtual Costume Parade: Visit the Main Street Waterloo website to submit a picture of you, or your pet, in costume to be added to a virtual parade which will be posted on the Main Street Waterloo Facebook page at 10am.
- Halloween Virtual Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest: Submit a picture of a pumpkin you decorated and voting will take place on the Main Street Waterloo Facebook page from 10am to 4pm. Winners will be announced at 5pm.
Main Street Waterloo's executive director Jessica Rucker wanted to make sure residents, especially kids, could still have fun this Halloween season saying,
The Downtown Trick-or-Treat Committee worked hard to come up with fun, and creative ideas to ensure the community has ways to celebrate the holiday and support downtown businesses.
More can be found on the Main Street Waterloo website.
(Info via Main Street Waterloo press release sent to this station)