Leaving Iowa This Christmas, Leave THESE Items Behind
Leaving Iowa for the holidays? Today's the best day to book plane tickets for Christmas, according to a study on MSN out this week.
Now the day you hit the road to get out of the cold, here's something for the actual day you fly. These are some random, weird things you're not allowed to carry on to a plane.
1. Magic 8 Balls. Because of the liquid inside.
2. Bowling pins. So if you're a professional juggler, you'll have to check them. Bowling BALLS are okay though.
3. Cast-iron cookware. Because it's heavy and could be used as a weapon.
4. Pool cues... Again, because they're like a weapon. Hockey sticks, ski poles, and lacrosse sticks are banned for the same reason.
5. Cooking sprays, like Pam. Because aerosols are flammable and might explode.
6. Darts. Obviously the non-bar league ones are quite sharp, but you can't bring the plastic tip ones on a plane either. Oh no no.
7. Canoe and/or Kayak Paddles. In the event of a water landing, it's gonna be ruff not having these...
8. Larger Snow Globes. Too much liquid! Keep it under 3.4 ounces there, buddy.
(VIA Huffington Post and TSA)