In A Midday Slump At Work? Here Are Some Snacks To Help
I don't know about you but for me by the time 2 pm comes around, right after lunch, I go into a slump at work. I can't focus, I am lazy, unmotivated and honestly the rest of the day just goes downhill from there. I like to blame it on being in a food coma after lunch and then not being able to take a nap. So, what do you do when you get in a slump like this?
Well since I have been declined in my request for a communal work nap time, the next best thing is to eat. If you are wondering how that would help when I just said that food was the cause of my slump, here's how. Light, healthy snacks throughout the day can help to boost your energy and keep you motivated and focused to get your work done. The problem with lunch is that it is normally a heavy meal that sits and causes you to be tired.
If you need some ideas as to what to eat to get out of this slump, check out this list of 8 energy-boosting snacks that you should keep at your desk at all times.
1. An apple & peanut butter.... "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" right?
2. Trail mix... It's light, crunchy, salty and will keep you full
3. Yogurt & Cereal... Not going to lie, I literally eat cereal straight out of a box as a snack
4. Edamame... If you haven't heard of these, neither had I until recently! They are green soybeans that help keep your appetite under control.
5. Air-Popped Popcorn... Okay not as yummy without the salt and butter and oil, but still good.
6. Veggies & Hummus
7. Hard Boiled Eggs
8. Dark Chocolate.... See chocolate can help you!