Horrifying Evidence Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet
TOILET VS CELL PHONE: CELL PHONE WINS
There is NO WAY that your phone could possibly be nastier than your toilet...right? That's what I thought. I didn't believe it...at first. Then I started thinking about it, and found out that there are SO many studies that prove this fact that I'm a little grossed out right now. So much for Sampson drinking out of our toilet...apparently we can make him sicker than he could ever affect us; simply because we all use cell phones.
WHY IS YOUR PHONE SO GROSS?
You take your phone with you...wherever you go.
- To the bathroom.
- In the kitchen.
- At the gym.
- At the Doctors office.
- To the restaurant.
You can't leave your phone behind. So now you're thinking...then aren't our purses, clothing, coats, hats? Aren't they all just as germ filled as our phones? Not exactly. You don't lift them to your face and breath in all those germs.
All the stuff that gets on your phone, is brought to your face however many times a day you talk on it....You touch your phone and text every few minutes...Yep....According to the Center fir Disease Control, our phones have helped germs.
CAN YOU SANITIZE A CELLPHONE?
Apple offers advice for their products.
iPhone 7 and later:
Clean your iPhone immediately if it comes in contact with anything that might cause stains or other damage, including dirt or sand, ink, makeup, soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or lotions. Guidelines for cleaning your Iphone:
- Unplug all cables and turn off your iPhone.
- Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.
- Avoid getting moisture in openings.
- Don’t use cleaning products or compressed air.
- Your iPhone has a fingerprint-resistant oil repellent coating. On iPhone 8 and later, the coating is on the front and back. But!!!! This coating wears over time with normal use. Cleaning products and abrasive materials will further diminish the coating and might scratch your iPhone.
ALTERNATIVE: USE CELL PHONE SOAP!
There is a product that will sanitize your phone called PhoneSoap. Obviously; it's not real soap. It's a disinfecting unit that you put your phone in. You can view it here. It's a UV light sanitizer. Probably the smartest way to clean your "smart" phone.