High School Teacher Viral List of Slang Terms
I like to think I stay on top of the slang that kids are saying these days, I mean I am not that far off in age. However, there are still some words that throw me for a loop and I just have a dumbfounded look on my face when I hear it.
I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way often and thank fully a teacher in Massachusetts also felt this way and decided to help us all out. You see this high school teacher decided to keep a running list of slang terms he heard his students say so he could understand them better. In true teacher fashion, he wrote down the word and then a quick definition next to it.
Next, he decided to share it with his students to see what they said. One of the students posted portions of it online and it has gone viral!
So to help everyone out, here are just some of the slang and then you can find the rest in the full article.
1. "Bops" . . . new songs you enjoy listening to. And OLD songs you like are "jams."
2. "Clap back" . . . to respond to an insult with an equal or greater insult.
3. "Crackie" . . . someone who uses a Juul or smokes cigarettes.
4. "Hop off" . . . another way of saying "mind your own business."
5. "No cap" . . . "capping" means lying. So "no cap" means "no lie" or "for real."
6. "Put someone on" . . . the act of getting someone to embrace a new trend.
7. "Rashing" . . . to make fun of someone.
8. "Smacks" . . . a tasty treat.
9. "Snack" . . . a person who looks good or attractive.
10. "Take the L" . . . as in "take the loss." Like if you failed a test or got dumped, someone might say, "take the L" and move on.