Halloween Rules We Should All Follow
Here's a short list of Halloween rules I think all kids, and us adults should follow heading into Halloween weekend:
- Don't guess what someone's costume is unless you KNOW what it is. You might offend them. So if you're not sure, just ask. Especially with kids. It's like assuming a lady is pregnant when you aren't really sure.
- Don't bring bloody decorations into the office. If you decorate your desk, try to keep it fairly PG. Not everyone likes blood and gore.
- Don't wear an offensive costume. Even if it's a joke, it's risky.
- Remember, nothing is private anymore. So if you do go with an offensive costume (ask Megyn Kelly for advice there), you can't act shocked when someone posts photos of it on Facebook.
- Teach your kids to be polite lil' trick-or-treaters and to make sure they say thank you every time even if it's candy they don't like.
Never had out healthy things like toothbrushes and apples. Always hand out full size candy bars or dollar bills.Ok, admittedly, this one is just for fun.