Five More Toxic Hand Sanitizers That Can Kill You
As the coronavirus pandemic continues its resurgence across the U.S., one local hospital returned to its "no visitors" policy. This is no time to "let your guard down" even though Iowa is ranked high among states with fewest Covid-19 restrictions
A few weeks ago, the FDA released information about nine hand sanitizers that could kill you. Now, they've added five more brand names to stay away from and once again, they're all made with methanol and all made in Mexico.
- Grupo Insoma's Hand Sanitizer Gel.
- Transliquid Technologies' Mystic Shield Protection.
- Bersih Hand Sanitizer Gel. It's made by a company called "Soluciones Cosmeticas."
- Antiseptic Alcohol 70% Topical Solution, made by the same company.
- Britz Hand Sanitizer, made by a company called "Tropicosmeticos".
I really don't what these companies are thinking. It's well known that methanol is extremely toxic when absorbed into your skin or ingested. Some people are just out to "make a buck" and capitalize on a popular product, even at the expense of possibly killing someone. So, make sure to check the bottle and see where the sanitizer is made. Just as important, dispose of it properly in hazardous waste container...do NOT dump it down the drain. Even more important, find a reputable hand sanitizer brand, and use it...LOTS of it on a daily basis, to keep you and your family safe.