Fire Damages Cedar Falls Trailer Home
A Cedar Falls trailer home was sightly damaged by fire late Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters and public safety officers responded to a report of a residential fire at the Country Terrace Mobile Home Park, 700 West Ridgeway Ave., just after 5:30 PM. According to a press release, a neighbor spotted unit No. 200B was on fire and alerted the people inside before officials arrived.
Upon arrival, firefighters and public safety officers found fire coming from a bathroom vent fan that had been left on at the rear of the trailer. The fire was quickly put out.
Authorities said the trailer had been divided into a duplex, but only the front half was occupied at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.
According to Cedar Falls Fire Chief John Bostwick, the fire started when the bathroom vent fan overheated. He said the rear of the trailer sustained minor damage.