Two Deery Series Races On Tap This Weekend, Both in NEI
Two northeast Iowa race tracks will host a double-header race weekend for the IMCA Deery Brothers Summer Series.
Farley Speedway will welcome the IMCA Late Model touring series on Friday, April 14, 2017. The tour travels down Highway 20 on Saturday to visit the Independence Motor Speedway.
Both shows feature a $2,000 payday and a minimum of $300 to start Deery Brothers Summer Series A-Main.
Defending series champion Tyler Bruening of Decorah is the point leader following the first two tour events. Bruening and Joel Callahan of Dubuque also lead Deery drivers with three career wins each at Farley. Curt Martin owns six tour wins at his hometown track of Independence, while Cedar Falls’ Jeff Aikey has collected four of his series-best 68 checkers there.
On Friday, the pit gates will open at 5:30 PM and grandstands at 6:00 PM at Farley Speedway. Pit passes are $30 and spectator admission is $16 for adults, $14 for seniors, $10 for students ages 13-17 and free for 12 and under.
Hot laps are set for 7:00 PM with racing to follow. Also on the racing card are IMCA Modifieds racing for national, regional, state, and local track points. A last minute addition of IMCA Stock cars will also join the program. IMCA national, regional, and state points will be awarded. More information is available by calling 563 744-3620 and at the FarleySpeedwayPromotions.com website.
Saturday's race marks the 29th race in Deery Series history at Independence Motor Speedway, and it's the first-ever there in April. Pit and grandstand gates open at 4:00 PM. Pit passes are again $30. Spectator admission is $16 for adults, $14 for seniors and students ages 12-18 with ID, and free for kids 11 and under when accompanying a paid adult.
Hot laps will take place at 6:00 PM with heat races to follow. IMCA Modifieds will also be apart of the night featuring a $1,000 to win A-Main. Modified entry fee is $30. IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods, for national, regional and state points. Indee Cars (XCEL 600 micro mods) are also scheduled to compete. More information is available by calling 319 404-7177 and at the RaceIndee.com website.
DEERY BROTHERS SUMMER SERIES
CURRENT POINT STANDINGS: After 2 Races
APRIL 12, 2017
1. Tyler Bruening, Decorah, 76;
2. Scott Fitzpatrick, Cedar Falls, 68;
3. Darrel DeFrance, Marshalltown, 67;
4. Jeff Aikey, Cedar Falls, Jake Neal, Omaha, Neb., and Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, each 66;
7. Luke Goedert, Guttenberg, Chad Holladay, Muscatine, Jeremiah Hurst, Dubuque, Matt Ryan, Davenport, and Jeff Tharp, Sherrill, each 65;
12. Joel Callahan, Dubuque, 64;
13. Denny Eckrich, Tiffin, 61;
14. Nick Marolf, Wilton, 60; 15. Curt Martin, Independence, 55;
16. Cayden Carter, Oskaloosa, 52;
17. John Emerson, Waterloo, 51;
18. Jay Johnson, West Burlington, 49;
19. Curt Schroeder, Newton, 44;
20. Andy Eckrich, Oxford, 38.