Ticket Sale Restrictions Set For East-West Games In Waterloo
Waterloo School District officials have announced ticket and admission procedures for this week's high school basketball games between cross-town rivals East and West.
The varsity doubleheader is being played at West High School's Robert S. Siddens Gymnasium on Friday (Jan. 26, 2018). The girls’ game is scheduled to begin promptly at 6 PM. Afterward, the boys' game will start no more than 25 minutes following the completion of the girls’ game (at approximately 7:30-7:45 PM).
According to district officials, the doors to the gym will be closed at 8:30 PM. After that, no one will be admitted into the facility.
Ticket Purchasing Procedures For Students:
- ALL high school students must purchase a ticket at their respective school's business office prior to 1 PM. on game day. NO tickets to high school students will be sold at the door.
- West High students with an activity pass may present that pass at the business office to receive their ticket at no cost. East High activity pass holders must still purchase a ticket, since it is a West High School home event.
- All tickets sold will be numbered and matched up with the appropriate students name upon presentation of that student ID both at the time of purchase and at the game that night upon entry.
No tickets will be sold to any students who have been identified as belonging to the following groups:
- Any of the Waterloo Schools discipline programs [Cooperative Youth Program (CYP), Middle School Education Discipline Program (MSEDP) and High School Education Discipline Program (HSEDP)], unless a sibling is a player. A parent must accompany the student.
- Have been suspended for fighting during the current school year.
- Repeated acts of insubordination and defiance.
- Any student identified by School Resource Officers (SRO’s) as having school or community concerns.
- Any student with any other major concerns per the discretion of either high school administration.
Ticket Purchasing Procedures For General Public:
- The general public may purchase tickets at the door on the evening of the game. People wishing to purchase tickets in advance can do so at either of the high school business offices prior to 1 PM on game day.
- Any adult purchasing a ticket for an elementary or middle school student must attend the game with their student and also purchase a ticket for themselves.
- Adults with senior passes can show their pass, along with a picture ID, at the door to gain entrance to the game.
- West High School Booster Club activity pass holders can show their pass and photo ID the night of the game to gain access.
- Waterloo Schools employees may gain entry for themselves and a guest by presenting their employee ID badge. If the guest is a high school student, they will need to follow the high school guidelines listed above.
For questions, contact the East High School Athletic Office at 433-2475 or West High School Athletic Office at 433-2707.