Charles City Schools Dismiss Students Early Due to COVID-19
Today we updated you on Janesville school shift to online learning after 63 students were reported absent for COVID-19-related reasons. Today, we've learned Charles City School District released high school and middle school students at 10:45 this morning due to COVID-19. This was announced on the districts Facebook page.
They later added more information on the district website. The post indicates the COVID case involved someone in food service at the school.
For the immediate future, they've implemented the following changes:
- High school and middle school students will have a 'snow day' on Thursday and Friday
- Lincoln Elementary and Washington Elementary will still have classes as normal
- School to You classes will pause with lunch deliveries as normal
- Meals were sent home with high school and middle school kids as they departed school today
- No athletic practices on Wednesday night for any campus
The post indicates the school hopes the closure is short term, and the school can full reopen Monday. There's no plan, as of now, to switch to virtual learning. Charles City is the county seat of Floyd County. As of this morning, Floyd County has 644 confirmed cases of COVID-19.