50 Things You Can Still Do In The Cedar Valley This Summer [LIST]
Let's be honest, summer in 2020 has kind of been a drag right? I mean with fairs, festivals, concerts and other events cancelled what has there been to do? Well there might be more to do than you think.
I know all the big events have been cancelled this year due to the pandemic but that doesn't mean we still can't make the most of our summer here in the Cedar Valley! We just have to get a little creative with it. So, I have put together a list of 50 things that you can still do in the Cedar Valley this summer and have the most fun you can.
1. Get a tan at George Wyth Beach
2. Have some socially distant water fun at Lost Island Water Park
3. Take the family to get a cookie dough (my favorite) snowstorm at 4 Queens Dairy Cream
4. Support your Waterloo Bucks at a Bucks game
5. Take some line dancing lessons and get your country on at Deringer's Public Parlor
6. Take a day to catch your dinner by fishing at one of the many lakes around
7. Go on a walk or run at Prairie Lakes Park (but bring water!)
8. Take a bike ride on one of the many trails in the Cedar Valley
9. Get nostalgic with arcade games at Double Tap (Tap Tap) in Cedar Falls ... Bonus: You can drink while you play!
10. Have a coffee date at Cup of Joe in Cedar Falls or bring a book along and sit outside while you enjoy your coffee!
11. Enjoy some craft beer at Anton's Garden in downtown Waterloo
12. Get your shop on and support local boutiques on Main Street in Cedar Falls
13. Test your luck by gambling at the Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
14. Get your kayak out and take a trip!
15. Feel like throwing an ax? Check out Hurling Hatchets in Cedar Falls
16. You have to take a morning trip to Hurt's Donuts for your sugar fix of the day!
17. Ladies, have a spa day and treat yourself with mani/pedi's whether at home or at a salon
18. Test your detective skills by trying out an escape room like Escapology
19. Take the kids for a fun day at Kids Cars and More, LLC (you can even host a birthday party here!)
20. Practice your golfing skills (or if you are like me your golf cart driving skills) by checking out an area golf course
21. Not a fan of golfing? You can also try Disc Golf!
22. Grout Museum has many virtual camps to entertain your kids
23. Pack the family up for a weekend camping trip!
24. What goes better with summer than a backyard bonfire?
25. Backyard barbecues including games like cornhole (bags), horseshoes, trampoline, etc.
26. Get a kiddie pool for your backyard (they aren't expensive) and enjoy a dip in the pool
27. Remember sidewalk chalk? Decorate your street with it!
28. Become a mixologist and experiment with new drinks and food recipes.
29. Support local and get homegrown items at local Farmer's Markets in the Cedar Valley
30. Movie night at Movies under the Moon in Cedar Falls!
31. Take your family for some water fun at The Falls Aquatic Center in Cedar Falls
32. Time for a treasure hunt! Check out some of the garage sales happening in the area to find hidden treasures.
33. Cedar Valley Art & Wine... Wait I get to drink wine and test my artistic skills? Sign me up!
34. Celebrate the weekend with a martini at their new outdoor patio seating at the Stuffed Olive!
35. Go on a hearts scavenger hunt in the area to find all the houses that still have paper hearts in their windows (there are still a lot of them!)
36. Remember sprinklers?! Set those babies up and relive your childhood
37. Treat yourself to Scratch cupcakes!
38. Celebrate a hot summer day with popsicles, literally the best ice cream
39. Celebrate the good old days (especially the 80's) at Roxxy's in Cedar Falls (while practicing social distancing of course)
40. Have a picnic in downtown Waterloo in the newly renovated Lincoln Park
41. Take a lunch break and Get every kind of popcorn flavor imaginable at Here's What's Poppin!
42. Check out Singlespeed Brewing to find your next favorite beer
43. Try the new Busch Light Apple (if you are old enough) to see what all the hype is about
44. Try a new local restaurant that you haven't been to in the Cedar Valley
45. Grab your bike and join local mayors of Waterloo & Cedar Falls for the Cedar Valley Pedal Fest and meet local entrepreneurs along the way.
46. Get your 4-wheeler out (or become friends with someone who has one) and enjoy some country fun!
47. Become best friends with someone who has a boat to enjoy a lazy lake day of drinking and fun
48. Start working on your green thumb and create your dream garden!
49. Have an outdoor movie night... grab the chairs, blankets, popcorn and projector and it will be just like the drive-in.
50. Blast your speakers with K98.5 to have a soundtrack to your summer!
Find out more events happening this summer in the Cedar Valley here!