10 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job
We've all had a bad day at work from time to time but when the bad days seem more common, it might be time to weigh the pros and cons of your current job.
Here's a list of the top 10 signs it's time to quit your job, according to Business Insider.
1. You're bored all the time - Boredom at work happens from time to time, but if it happens on a consistent basis it's a pretty good sign that you're not being challenged. Once you've become bored on a constant basis, work gets sloppy and that can become a slippery slope.
2. You constantly feel overwhelmed - Most people feel stress at work on a daily basis but if it's become so constant that you become exhausted on a regular basis, you either need a vacation or you could be suffering from job burnout.
3. You're not growing - If you've been working the same job day in and day out and nothing challenges you anymore, it might be time to move on. We all like comfort, but who wants to live a life like the Bill Murray movie, "Groundhog Day"? Add some excitement to your life.
4. You feel like you can't ever win - If you constantly feel like no matter what you do, there is no winning, it's time to move on. You should feel a little excitement and challenged when you're at work but it's never rewarding to feel like the last one picked in the schoolyard game "Red Rover".
5. Your company isn't invested in you - Employers of any company want an employee that is passionate, creative and emotionally invested in their company. If you're not feeling these things, then its best for you and the company that you move on.
6. You worry about money all the time - If money is tight and its not because you have spending issues, maybe it's time to have a talk with management about your current salary. Be polite, ask for an evaluation. If you don't get something more, then it's time to find another company that is willing to pay more. It's a free country, the sky is the limit if you're willing to work hard and go the extra mile.
7. It looks like layoffs are coming - Downsizing, recent acquisitions and mergers sometimes are a sure sign that the ship is about to go down. No need to go down with a sinking ship.
8. You've got a boss from hell - If you work for a boss that is quick to blame, slow to praise or is a micro-manager, life at work can be hell. A boss with a bad attitude has a way of chasing off even the most loyal employees. Negative breads negative. There's better out there. Go for it.
9. Tums are your best friend - A highly stressful job can take its toll on you in several ways: emotionally, mentally and even physically. If you find yourself constantly popping Tums to settle your tummy, it might be time to evaluate whether or not your job is worth your overall health.
10. Nothing you do is ever enough - If you are the first one in and the last one out but your workload keeps growing while everyone else's stays the same, it might be time to look elsewhere. People that are willing to put up with being taken advantage of, often are. Take charge of your career.