You’ll Spend How Many Months of Your Life in the Bathroom?!
Hey, some of my best work happens in the bathroom, so for me I don't consider this lost time...
A new study from DigitalHub found the average person spends just over 15 minutes a day on the toilet. That adds up to or almost two hours a week and over a lifetime, you spend about eight months sitting on the toilet. Here are five more random stats from the study.
- One-fifth of us feel weird if we don't have our phone with us on the toilet. And 5% of us have talked on the phone while using the bathroom. Which seems a little low.
- The majority of men think it's weird to use a urinal right next to another guy if there are other urinals open. 65% said it's "unacceptable."
- Women are more likely than men to strike up a conversation in a public bathroom. Probably at the sink or the mirror though, not while they're GOING to the bathroom.
- One in three people said sitting on the toilet is one of the only times they get to be by themselves on a daily basis.
- And what do you do if you use a public bathroom, then realize there's no toilet paper? 25% of people would ask a stranger to hand them some. But 24% said they'd wait until the coast was clear, then shuffle their way to another stall with their pants around their ankles