Who’s Ready for the 52nd Annual CMA’s?!
The 52nd Annual CMA Awards are tonight! Yep, if you didn’t know, the CMA Awards are airing tonight (Nov. 14th) live from Nashville on ABC at 7 pm! Now if you are a huge country music buff like me, you know that tonight is country music’s biggest night. We will see all our favorite artists and hear once in a lifetime performance and its definitely not a night to be missed!
Now if you are like me, and most country fans, you are probably not going to be attending the awards show tonight, unless you are really rich or lucky, in which case this blog will not help you. But for those of us who will be watching it on TV tonight, don’t worry you can still have as much fun as you would if you were going to the actual show! I am going to give you some tips on how to make your CMA watch party feel like you are already there!
- Cowboy boots- you know what I am talking about! It is not a country awards show without them!
- Cowboy hats- you will see most of the artists with their cowboy hats on and in their suits. Yes, it is a fashion faux pas but for the country audience it is the norm!
- Flannel… wait no your supposed to be formal- Ok, this is the one-night country fans that you should not wear your flannel. I know it is normally the first thing you think of to wear, but tonight country goes classy with some fancy dresses and suits. So, get out that dusty old prom dress or suit and get ready to wear it around the house (or if you want to be comfy because you are not actually there, I get it! Just go with the flannel!)
- Beer- Yes, it is a necessity! It would not be an awards show or concert without it! And for those of you who don’t think there will be alcohol at the awards show, just watch out for Blake Shelton and his infamous cup or flask he will most likely have!
- Finally, make sure the friends you invite over know/love country music! You do not want a debbie-downer when you are trying to sing along your favorite lyrics or people who talk the whole show making you miss who Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood made fun of this time… I promise you, your friendship may not be as strong as before after this.
So that’s it! Now you are ready for the country party of the year! Have some fun and get ready to watch the 52nd Annual CMA Awards on ABC at 7 pm!
Oh, and for those of you who live in apartments and have neighbors yelling at you to turn it down… just turn it up and make country music fans out of them! Or just annoy them to no end… either way a win-win!