What Is Iowa’s Favorite Vegetable?
Let's face facts. Not everyone likes to eat vegetables. But for those that do, it can sometimes be difficult to choose a favorite. With that in mind, Green Giant polled nearly 4,000 Americans to find the most popular veggie in each state.
A lot of the findings were pretty interesting. Well...as interesting as a vegetable survey can be, I guess.
- Broccoli is the most popular vegetable in 24 out of 50 of states.
- Corn is the second-most popular, chosen as the favorite in nine U.S. states, including Iowa (duh!)
- Potatoes were preferred in six states, while carrots won in five.
- Peas were the most popular pick for Idaho. That's right...Idaho did NOT choose potatoes.
- Onions, peppers, celery and spinach (and kale) aren't the most popular anywhere.
Green Giant plans on using this data to continue to research new products and combinations. What's your favorite veggie? Let us know in the comments below.