Top 10 Annoying BUT TRUE Mom Sayings
Mom's, we love em', but there are times when their little know-it-all sayings make our eyes about roll out of our heads! It's often said, the older you get, the smarter your parents are. There is no truer statement.
No matter how old you are, admitting you were wrong is one of the hardest things to do. As you move forward in life, those old "momisms" you heard growing up start to pop in your head and you suddenly realize your mom wasn't such a fuddy-duddy after all.
Here's a top 10 list of some of most annoyingly true mom-sayings according to gurl.com.
1. "You'll forget about that crush" - Rejection is hard at any age but it seems worse when you're young. At the time, you couldn't believe you'd EVER get over a certain someone, and the last thing you wanted was anyone to suggest it. Turns out an non-returned text or phone call isn't as devastating as it seemed.
2. "Don't Slouch" - We can't even begin to count how many times were heard that one and totally ignored it. Turns out over time you begin to develop back pain over it. To make matters worse, you realize that slouching is a hard habit to change.
3. "Turn that music down, it's bad for your ears" - Who doesn't remember sitting in your bedroom with the stereo cranked up? It was a form of escape and rebellion. Here's the kicker, hearing is real and so is the damage loud noise causes. They say you often don't miss something till it's gone. Trust me, being able to hear is one of them.
4. "You'll look back on this silly trend and regret it" - I remember my mom telling me this SEVERAL times but mom's don't know anything about being cool right? WRONG! I find myself looking back at pictures of my younger years and cringing. The weird clothes, makeup, piercings, tattoo's, etc. If anything, my kids get a good laugh at the pics.
5. "Hard work pays off" - Or in other words, nothing is worth having that comes easy. It seems more logical to take the easy way but taking shortcuts often always screw you down the road. Put in the effort now and save yourself the headache later. The rewards are much sweeter when you can take pride in knowing you did it by yourself.
6. "Enjoy every moment" - When you're young, you can't wait to graduate from school. You're in a hurry to grow up because you want freedom and independence. Looking back, you realize that you were in such a hurry that you missed so many opportunities and you'll never get those moments back. So slow down and smell the roses.
7. "Your siblings will be your best friends one day" - This statement was impossible to believe but it's true. As you grow older, you'll come to realize that family is important. You share history and tradition with your siblings. Plus they are the only ones that get you when your parents are driving you CRAZY!
8. "Eat your veggies" - Good eating habits start early. Eat those veggies mom serves up. Trust us, you're gonna miss momma's cookin' one day.
9. "Don't cry over spilled milk" - This lesson is twofold. Don't sweat the small stuff, and learn how to clean up your own messes. Life isn't as tragic as we make it seem sometimes.
10. "It's not the end of the world" - Everything feels like it's a big deal when you're in the middle of it but looking back you'll realize your world may have altered but it defiantly didn't end.