The My Waterloo Days Celebration Underway
The "My Waterloo Days" Celebration Gets Kicked Off Wednesday at Riverfront Stadium!
The Waterloo Bucks will host the Duluth Huskies. Game time is at 7:05 PM.There will be a $1 discount for all of those who have a MWD button. Fireworks will cap off the night.
Here is the list of events during the 2016 "My Waterloo Days" celebration:
Thursday, June 9th
People in the Park will be held at Lincoln Park with food from 11:30 AM - 10 PM and entertainment from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Children's activities this year includes crafts, face painting, games and bounce houses.
Some of Thursday's entertainment includes:
- Rush Cleveland - Blues/Soul from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Prairie Rose Middle Eastern Dance Troupe at 530 PM to 7:30 PM
- And Perry's All Star Jam featuring 10 local musicians starting at 8 PM.
Friday, June 10th
Hot air balloons will take flight at Byrnes Park at 6 AM. People In The Park continues with food and vendors at Lincoln Park in downtown Waterloo starting at 11:30 AM. Children's activities this year includes crafts, face painting, games and bounce houses.
Some of Friday's People In The Park entertainment includes:
- Ally & The Gators - Country Music, from 11:30 Am to 12:30 PM.
- Trojan Nation Drill Team from 2:00 PM to 2: 45 PM
- And The Snozzberries from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM
*** The My Waterloo Days Parade will roll through downtown Waterloo starting at 6:30 PM. This years theme is "Back To The Future".***
Saturday, June 11th
Hot Air Balloons lift off at 6:00 AM at Byrnes Park at 6:00 AM.
A family 5K Walk-Run at Kingsley School starting at 8:00 AM.
Back At Byrnes Park
- Kids' Bike Races from 9 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Bubble Soccer Tournament from 9:00 AM to 6 PM
- Horseshoe pitching exhibition at 9:00 AM
- "Pitch With A Pro" (Learn to pitch) 9:45 AM
- NHPA Horseshoe Tournament at 1:00 PM
- Dusk - Hot Air Balloon Glow
- Crosstown Rivals - 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Laser Light Show 10:00 PM
Sunday, June 12th
- Hot Air Balloon lift of at Byrnes Park at 6:00 AM
- The Waterloo Waterhawks are offering FREE admission with MWD button at Eagle Lake. Catfish Murphy will be there at 4:30 and the team will ski at 6:30 PM.