Lost Island Named #2 Waterpark In The Nation
With the summer heat beginning to bear down on us, why not cool off by spending a day at a waterpark? And Waterloo boasts one of the best in America!
Lost Island was recently named the #2 Outdoor Waterpark in a poll conducted by USA Today.
Visitors to Lost Island Waterpark can take in water attractions such as the Tsunami Bay wave pool, Blue Iguana Lagoon, or Kailahi River lazy river. Kids can explore Tahiti Village or Starfish Cove. And thrillseekers can ride one of the parks nine exciting waterslides, including Wailua Kupua, one of the few hydromagnetic water coasters in the world!
Guests can also enjoy non-aquatic activities like miniature golf and go-karts.
General Manager Eric Bertch told The Courier that Lost Island features many improvements for 2017, including personalized lights and music on Jade Rapids, a rebuilt kids' area and a revamped menu at Treetop Cafe, complete with craft beers and an exclusive Lost Island Ale brewed by Lark Brewing in Waterloo.
The Bertch family opened Lost Island in 2000, and has consistently seen the park appear on "best of" lists throughout the years.
Holiday World's Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana, took the top spot.
USA Today's Top 10 Outdoor Waterparks 2017
- Splashin' Safari - Santa Claus, IN
- Lost Island Waterpark - Waterloo, IA
- Hurricane Harbor - Atlanta, GA
- Carolina Harbor - Charlotte, NC
- Noah's Ark - Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Schlitterbahn - New Braunfels, TX
- Water World - Denver, CO
- Dollywood’s Splash Country - Pigeon Forge, TN
- Knott's Soak City - Buena Park, CA
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park - Winter Haven, FL