How Comfortable Are You Really With PDA?
PDA (public displays of affection) is definitely not my thing. My thoughts are you can hug and hold hands but when you get into all the lovey dovey crap you need to get a room. Honestly, I am not alone though in these thoughts because according to a new survey it appears that men are actually more comfortable with PDA than women, which is slightly surprising.
Some more surprising statistics about PDA came out of this survey which asked more than 2,000 people what type of PDA is ok and what isn’t. Here is what they came up with:
- Holding hands, 92% think it's fine.
- Hugging, 90% said it’s ok. Yet we do this with friend’s and family every day. I don’t think this counts as PDA.
- Kissing without tongues, 68% say it’s ok.
- Kissing WITH tongues, 15% think it's okay. Thank God it isn’t a higher percent.
- Heavy petting, 4% say it’s ok. What does this even mean? Do people pet each other? I’m confused.
- 2% of people in the survey said NO amount of PDA is acceptable.
I definitely fall into that last statistic. Enjoy your relationship, excuse me while I go throw up at your cuteness.