Five Vitamins That Could Be Bad For You
It seems that everywhere you look these days, there are stories about "How to live a healthy lifestyle". It's not rocket science. You know to eat healthy foods like lean meat, fruit and veggies. Drink plenty of water and exercise.
Another thing the doctors always recommend are vitamins. Taking a multivitamin every day is fine but did you know you can overdo it on vitamins? Here are five vitamins that can actually be BAD for your health according to experts on a website called Prevention.
1. Calcium supplements - A few recent studies have found they can calcify your arteries and cause heart disease, and might not even do the job they were intended to do, which is make your bones stronger. So you're better off eating foods with calcium in it like milk, salmon and broccoli.
2. Vitamin E. - Some people take vitamin E because they believe it lowers the risk of heart disease and cancer but now there are studies that are saying to much vitamin E might cause the opposite.
3. Iron supplements - Too much iron can damage your liver, pancreas, your heart and also cause cell damage. Never take a supplement unless a test shows the you have an iron deficiency.
4. Iodine supplements - Did you know too much iodine can actually mess with your thyroid. So you shouldn't take a supplement unless your doctor tell you to.
5. Vitamin B-6 - High doses of vitamin B-6 can mess with your nervous system. You can find plenty of it without poppin' a pill. Just eat fruit, veggies, chicken and fish.