UNI Panthers Dominate Drake, 77-44 [Video]
The University of Northern Iowa men's basketball team scored a 77-44 triumph over the Drake Bulldogs on Saturday (Jan. 9, 2016) in the McLeod Center.
UNI (10-7 overall, 2-2 MVC) recorded its 14th consecutive MVC home victory and its second straight 30-plus point win in the McLeod Center. Senior guard Matt Bohannon led the way with 21 points as he drained five three-pointers for the second game in a row. Sophomore center Bennett Koch contributed with 15 points and four rebounds. All five UNI starters scored in double-figures in the win.
Drake (5-11 overall, 0-4 MVC) had its only lead of the game at 2-0. The Bulldogs were led in scoring by Reed Timmer's 10 points.
The Panthers turned a 12-9 lead into a 22-11 advantage with 8:50 left in the first half. UNI led 41-20 at the break.
UNI scored the first bucket of the second half and Drake never pulled within 22 points the rest of the way.
UNI will travel to Indiana State to take on the Sycamores on Wednesday at 6 p.m. (CT).
- UNI's 33-point win is the third-largest margin of victory in an MVC contest for the Panthers
- It is the largest margin of victory for UNI in the series vs. Drake
- UNI owns a 42-25 lead in the all-time series vs. Drake
- UNI improved to 26-5 vs. Drake in home games
- UNI has won six consecutive home games this season
- UNI has been victorious in 34 consecutive games when holding the opposition to 50 points or less
- UNI has made at least one 3-pointer in 512 straight games.