Black Hawks Playoff Hockey, Seeking Strength in Numbers
Let's pack 'Party Town' this weekend. The Waterloo Black Hawks host two USHL playoff this Saturday and Sunday.
PLAYOFF HOCKEY THIS WEEKEND:
Games Three and Four of the United States Hockey League Western Conference Semifinals between the Black Hawks and Lincoln Stars will be played at Young Arena Saturday and Sunday. The best-of-five series is tied up at 1-1.
During the first two postseason match-ups, the Hawks and Stars combined to accumulate just 99 shots on goal, the lowest total in any of the United States Hockey League’s four Clark Cup Playoffs opening round series.
During the regular season, Waterloo was 17-10-3 on home ice, while Lincoln posted a 14-13-3 mark during road games. In two 2015/16 head-to-head contests at Young Arena, each team came away with one victory.
On Saturday, the doors open at 6:05 PM, and the puck drops at 7:05 PM. For Sunday's contest, the doors open at 4:05 PM, and the game gets underway at 5:05 PM.
If Black Hawks win both games, Waterloo will move onto the USHL Western Conference finals.
SEEKING STRENGTH IN NUMBERS:
Only six Waterloo Black Hawks are on the ice when the puck drops, but it takes thousands of Hawks to make Party Town the toughest building for opposing United States Hockey League teams to visit.
That sentiment provided the inspiration for the team’s new #OneThousandHawks season ticket campaign.
“From the moment players first arrive in the Cedar Valley at the beginning of the season, they understand that they have more teammates than the group on the bench,” explained Black Hawks Vice President of Sales and Marketing Joe Greene. “Our ‘seventh man’ advantage comes from everyone in red and black on game night, and we are committed to giving back to all of those fans and the community which makes Black Hawks hockey possible.”
The Black Hawks will commemorate their 1,000th season ticket for 2016/17 by randomly selecting one fan to win $1,000 cash. In addition, the Black Hawks will then also donate $1 from every season ticket purchase to a local non-profit organization of the buyer’s choice. Finally, to celebrate the milestone, each Season Ticket purchaser will also receive a commemorative #OneThousandHawks t-shirt.
As each season ticket is purchased, the Black Hawks will post regular updates with each individual’s name or company on social media and at waterlooblackhawks.com. Follow along, and encourage your friends to take advantage of all the season ticket benefits, including:
- Lock in your season ticket rate for two seasons (optional) – NEW!
- Complimentary ticket to a Waterloo Bucks baseball game – NEW!
- Opportunity to purchase additional discounted tickets for several 16/17 games – NEW!
- Purchase a Youth (12 & under) season ticket for only $99, with regular season ticket purchase – NEW!
- Complimentary tickets to any Black Hawks home preseason games.
- Discounts on Black Hawks gear from Party Town Outfitters.
- Invitations to special season ticket holder events.
- Early entry into the arena on game night.
- Bring friends for FREE by redeeming unused tickets on at least a dozen raincheck nights.
- Special season ticket holder gifts.
- Eight online issues of the exclusive “Hawk Tawk” fan magazine.
- No waiting at the box office, no phone calls at the last minute, no online order fees.
- Your favorite seat is your seat for every game.
For more details on the Black Hawks’ #OneThousandHawks campaign or 2016 Clark Cup Playoff tickets, call the Domino’s Black Hawks Box Office at (319) 291-7680.