2017 Game Night Official Rules
Here are the official rules for Townsquare Media Waterloo's Game Night 2017.
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio Stations KCRR-FM, KKHQ-FM, & KOEL-FM (“Stations”), owned and operated by Townsquare Media Waterloo, or one of its subsidiary companies, 501 Sycamore Street; Suite 300; Waterloo, IA 50703, during normal business hours Monday through Friday, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Stations will conduct the Townsquare Media Waterloo’s Game Night Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal residents of the state of Iowa in the United States age 21 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in the Contest. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Townsquare Media Waterloo, its subsidiaries and affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving Black Hawk County of Iowa, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. The contest will begin on or after October 9, 2017 and will end on or before November 14, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
4. There are two (2) ways to enter this Contest:
(i) Listen to the Stations daily during the Contest Period. When Stations plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Stations (KCRR-FM at 319-233-9770, KKHQ-FM at 319-292-2000, & KOEL-FM at 319-833-4985). Caller nine (9) for KCRR-FM and KKHQ-FM and caller ten (10) for KOEL-FM to the respective Station, as determined by the Stations in its sole discretion, will be qualified to win. Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Stations online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning this Contest may be diminished.
(ii) Visit the Station’s website at kcrr.com, q923.net, & k985.com and complete an online entry form. A series of random drawings will take place to determine no less than five (5) qualifying entries from all online entries received.
5. On November 14, 2017, all qualifying entries will be invited to a special event to determine the winner of all prizes available for the Contest. A series of TV Game Show-like games will be used to determine the winners of all prizes. ALL QUALIFYING ENTRIES MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. If it is determined that any candidate is not eligible to receive any prize, in the Stations’ sole judgment and discretion, another candidate may be randomly selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Stations’ sole discretion.
6. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
7. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
8. Any contestant who wins & claims ownership of any prized valued at $600 or more must wait seven (7) months before they become eligible to win another prize from all Stations.
9. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize.
10. The Stations shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
11. Some prizes may be required to be claimed in person at the Stations with their proper identification at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays, unless otherwise agreed to by the Stations at its sole discretion. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Stations to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
12. All entrants and winners agree that the Stations shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in winning, or losing, any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Stations to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Stations are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
14. All entrants and winners agree to give the Stations and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Stations deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Stations harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Stations in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Stations owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
15. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Stations personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Stations will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Stations, the Stations reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Stations deem appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Stations are final. The Stations may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
16. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release the Station, Cumulus Media Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
17. A winners list may be obtained after December 1, 2017 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the previously mentioned address at the beginning of this document.
18. These rules are subject to change without prior notice.
19. Participating Sponsors: Sun & Fun Media